Become part of a great group of women leaders committed to carrying out the mission of our Democratic Women’s Club of Marco. We invite you to explore and run for elected board member positions as described below.
The President shall preside at all meetings of the club and the Board of Directors.
- President shall appoint the appointed officers, the chairs of all standing and special committees, and make such other appointments as are necessary.
- All appointments shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- The President or other elected officers designated by the President shall sign all checks and contracts of the club.
- The President shall report to the Regional Council Chair quarterly, completing the official form and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed in these by-laws or assigned to her/him by the club or by the Board of Directors; and shall co-ordinate the work of the officers and committees of the club in order that the OBJECTS may be promoted.
First Vice President
- The First Vice President shall act as an aide to the President and shall form the duties of the President in the absence or disability of that officer to act.
- Should a vacancy occur in the office of President, the First Vice President shall fill the vacancy.
- The First Vice President shall be the Chair of the Program Committee. She shall perform any other duties assigned by the President, Board of Directors or general membership. The First Vice President may sign checks in absence of the President.
Second Vice President
- The Second Vice President shall act as an aide to the President and shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or disability of that Officer to act and the absence or disability of the First Vice President to act.
- Should a vacancy occur in the office of the President and the First Vice President is unable to fill the vacancy, the Second Vice President shall fill the vacancy.
- The Second Vice President shall be Chair of the Membership Committee. She/he shall perform any other duties assigned by the President, Board of Directors or general membership.
- The Second Vice President may sign checks in absence of the President.
- The Recording Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the club and the Board of Directors and send the President a copy within ten (10) days after all meetings. (A tape recorder may be used by the Secretary, if desired. She/he shall keep records of all standing rules and amendments to the bylaws adopted by the club. She/he shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to her/him. )
- The Recording Secretary may sign checks in the absence of the President
The Corresponding Secretary shall assist the President in all correspondence pertaining to the Club; and keep accurate files of all correspondence and serve as editor of the newsletter and website.
- The Treasurer shall have custody of all the funds of the club; she/he shall deposit all monies into a checking or savings account in the bank as the club may direct.
- The Treasurer shall be bonded up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), the premium to be paid by the Club.
- She/he shall be the sole custodian of all funds and shall disburse them only by authorization of the Club or Board of Directors, with the exception of amounts up to one hundred dollars ($100).
- The signature of the President or other elected officer designated by the President and Treasurer shall be required on all checks and withdrawals.
- She/he shall keep an itemized account of all receipts and disbursements and report at each meeting of the club and Board of Directors; after which they shall be filed for financial review.
- A copy of this report shall be given to the Recording Secretary for the minutes and to the President. She/he shall keep a current list of all paid members and see that the State dues are paid by June 30th of each year.
- A current list of all paid members shall be given to the Recording Secretary for her records, the Membership Chair, and to the President.
- The Treasurer shall send four copies of the membership list to the State Treasurer by June 30th of each year.
- The Treasurer’s account shall be examined annually by a Financial Review Committee of not less than three members, who are satisfied that the treasurer’s annual report is correct, and shall sign a statement of that fact at the end of the re-port.
- The financial review committee shall be appointed by the Board of Directors at least two weeks before the annual meeting. Copies of the report shall be given to the Recording Secretary for her files and to the President.